Bands/Artists I plan to see live next year/rest of this year.
MGMT, The National, Kanye West, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Naked and Famous, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Tame Impala.
Others: HAIM, Volcano Choir, Daughter, Jay-Z, and much more.
A lot of great music coming our way!
So, I’m going to Lollapalooza this year (first time!) and that is the only thing I keep thinking about right now. It’s less than a month away so I thought I’d blog about the top 10 bands I look forward to see at the festival. There are a lot of great bands going this year so this list was tough to narrow down. Well, here it goes.
- The Killers - If you knew me personally, you would know how much I’ve obsessed over this band during middle school to high school to now. Their newer material are underwhelming, but still good.
- Vampire Weekend - My current obsession. Their newest record is amazing and by far their best.
- Imagine Dragons - A phenomenal live band (from what I’ve been seeing on youtube at least). I love their music. I’m a fan.
- Phoenix - Just heard of this band earlier this year and I fell in love right away. The scheduling conflict with the Cure sucks though.
- Twenty One Pilots - I can’t explain these guys. I just love them.
- The Cure - Who would wanna miss out on these legends? I might have to split their set with Phoenix.
- Two Door Cinema Club - Fun guys.
- The Neighbourhood - I love their album, and their previous EPs too. Where do you think I got the whole black and white gimmick from? Heh.
- The Vaccines - Love their stuff.
- MS MR - One of my favorite discoveries this year.
I’m only going for Friday and Sunday by the way. I have to miss out on Saturday because of my budget. If I were to go on Saturday, this list would be twice as long. :)
Why don’t these people exist in my life?
To the followers: This blog is for everything I find interesting. Why is everything in black and white you ask? I don’t know. I don’t have some pretentious reason besides that I like simplicity and uniformity. So, forgive my hipsterisms and enjoy my blog. Thanks for following!